Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day Two- Morning

I woke up the next morning after a fairly restful sleep. I love my camouflage 0 degrees sleeping bag:


My tent quickly became my bedroom, laundry room and den. Here's to quick-dry clothing which dries quickly!



I began to feel more alert after my morning cup of chai:


When I finally got myself out of the tent, I took some photos of our campsite (we had been the only ones there, save for the few men in the ranger hut). Here was my home away from home:


This was our dining tent:


The small tent is Herman's, the large tent was the kitchen and the "home" for the chef and six of the porters:


When I first saw this bird, I was like, "Oooo, how cool, an exotic African bird!" Herman then told me it was just a raven looking for scraps ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment