Saturday, December 17, 2011

Twas the night before I left...

"Dear Journal,

Happy December. 7+6+6=12+7=19 progress notes written today. One carnitas bowl eaten. 1 cappuccino drank. 3 calls made. 4 voice mails left. tons of packing completed. blogger's not working. interesting. can't post. gave me time to pack. hungry but must go to sleep. it's 3am on 12/2/11. I leave for Africa TODAY! spoke with mom and A. see Dad tomorrow. tomorrow I need to shower, clean pot lids, pay social work renewal fee, pack computer.

night. l, K."

Staying true to form, I never get much sleep the night before a trip. I think my mother was as excited as I was, as I received this e-mail from her earlier that day:

subject: ooooooohhhhh..

Cookie,
Friday is getting soooooooo...close!!!oh my god...you're going to AFRICA!!

you must be NOT SLEEPING and having to get so much done!!!


needless to say, my mother knows me well!

No comments:

Post a Comment