Saturday, November 19, 2011

Differences

Last night I went on a "night hike;" I felt that it would help me in my preparation for the climb. Obviously there were some differences between last night's hike and the climb I'm about to embark on:

1. Elevation Change: Last night's elevation change-300ft. The Kili climb's elevation change-10,340ft.

2. Group Members: There were approximately 15 people last night, 50% female, 50% male. My African climb is just me with my own "team." Per Allan, his "team" is comprised of 12 men. This should be fun.

3. Length: Last night's climb was 3.3 miles and took me an hour and a half to complete. The Kili climb covers approximately 33 miles and will take me eight days.

4. View: It was dark last night, but I was able to see the silhouettes of trees and some stars. On the Kili climb (Shira route) I will see rainforests, alpine zones, glaciers and a World Heritage Site (the Shira Plateau). Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment