Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A little paradise in Arusha

I am quite excited because I just received confirmation for my stay at Moivaro Lodge in Tanzania. I will be staying at Moivaro Lodge on 12/3 and 12/4 and 12/12 and 12/13. This place looks pretty sweet. Check out the website. I guess I will be experiencing the best of both worlds (utter simplicity and African extravagance).

Allan e-mailed me this today:

"Kate, 
Why don't you consider going on a short safari on the 13th, to see animals and stay at Oldeani Safari Lodge (my lodge see attached) on that night instead of moivaro, and on the 14th we will drive back to Arusha for a day room and transfer to JRO for your flight out!

I real think it is worth for you to see animals while your in Africa"

This is what I e-mailed back:

 "Hi Allan-

Thank you for your recommendation. Although your lodge looks lovely, I am going to decline for one reason: I have already seen a number of African animals. You see, my mother is South African, and I have already been to South Africa twice and Kenya once (the Kenyan trip was a 17-day safari).

I'm excited to explore the town of Arusha!"

I have spent the past day connecting with friends of friends. Some of these friends have spent time in Arusha or have friends who live/d in Arusha. I'm hoping that one of them can be my tour guide while I'm there, if only for a few hours!




1 comment: