Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Journal Musings

"Dear Journal,

It's 4:38am. I'm tired but I can't sleep. I'm starving, but I don't want to get out of bed. My Tdap arm is not feeling so hot right now. The nurse had told me to move my arm around in order to decrease the pain. I'm now doing mini arm circles in my bed. I look like a one-armed swimmer.

Random thoughts about the climb keep coming up. When is that damn transfer going to arrive? I'm going to contact the International Department today. Then I was thinking about the composition of my climbing group. At the moment, it is just me. I really don't want to be the only one on the trip. I mean, I get along with guys better than I do girls, but me-a single girl-climbing a mountain with at least five males? (guide, porter, cook, assistant lead). Sounds sketchy to me. Pain pain go away come again another day. If you don't I will care, I'll throw out my underwear.

Why the freak can't I sleep!? My Tdap arm is not swelling and red, so I'm not having an allergic reaction. I am hungry. What types of foods do they recommend eating when you can't sleep? Warm milk? I do need to use the bathroom.

And here I was concerned about only getting 6 hours of sleep...

-K."

No comments:

Post a Comment