Thursday, November 3, 2011

Journal Musings

*This journal entry was written the day before I sent off my passport package.

10/30/2011

"Dear Journal,

 Stress yet excitement continue. I'm going to send off my passport application tomorrow. I don't like the photo, but I'm not going to spend $8.00 getting another one taken. I wish I could use one of my own, but I think the dimensions are wrong on the potential ones. Oh well. Vanity is a sin. Or is it?

I set up the 30% wire transfer yesterday. The bank manager gave me a quizzical glance and asked, "And you know you can trust this person?" I guess it's wise to be smart about this ordeal. And yes, I believe I can trust this guy. He led David Breashears up the mountain- he can lead K.B., too! I just don't think this Wooster Branch Manager has ever sent a wire transfer/or set one up to Tanzania. I mean, I'm weird. I'd be shocked if there were other Tanzanian-bound Woosterians. I suppose I could always be pleasantly surprised.

The wire transfer fee is allegedly $40.00. Lame. Totally forgot about that cost. This trip is going to serve as my law school or med school; I'll be in debt for years.

The funny thing about all of this is that I haven't even asked for the time of off work! What if the boss says no? Total worst case scenario. But he shouldn't say no, as I have the vacation days. Happy 32nd b-day to me! If he doesn't let me go, screw him. I QUIT! Hehe."

No comments:

Post a Comment